Sunday, August 23, 2009

blue mounds

Yesterday, I tried my first 6 hour solo race. I probably could have picked a better course to do a 6 hour race. The coarse was extremely rough, lots of wet single track climbs. I had a great 1st lap - one of the top lap times of the day. Second lap didn't pan out as well - 2/3 of the way through I flatted, couldn't get it fixed - got a ride back - started my second lap over with my Dad's bike - which sucked because the back skewer kept coming loose which made shifting hard and the wheel was rubbing. I wasn't used to my Dad's brakes they grab way better than mine do and put me over the handle-bars on a sharp turn. The third lap got my bike back until I crashed on a big rock and hurt my hip. - Other than that, sun was shinning, and I was racing. - So I guess it wasn't all that bad. I hope my next 6 hour goes better.
Casey & his Dad had good races - It was fun to watch & they both did really good.

Today I am going on a 30 mile road ride. Pork Tenderloin on the grill & Birthday Cake.(my sisters B-Day ) .

No comments:

Post a Comment